Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Stereotypical Female Sports Blogger


This is my blog. It's called Tight Pants and Pigskins (as you know -- well -- because you found me). I love football and basketball, all leagues, all teams (except the Steelers). I'm a fan of the tight games and the blowouts, the excitement when the national anthems are sung, the thrill of a close 4th quarter...and the tight pants. Here are a few things you're going to need to know about my blog:

1) Female "sports reporters" are going to be all-over me for this, but I make no excuses for the fact that I watch sports through a sexed-up 20-something woman's eyes. Those are hot, fit, amazingly athletic men doing their thing and it's a turn on. So, while this blog will be about the sports, I refuse to apologize for the fact that I'm going to go horn-dog from time to time...It's just going to happen. When Jeremy Shockey takes his shirt off, I'm going to post the picture. I can't help myself.

2) I HATE statistics. When I hear sportscasters talking about the most random details of last night's CFL game, I want to claw at my ears with the same vigor I tear open a bag of all dressed chips on SuperBowl Sunday. You will not get stats here. What you will get is my perspective on what happened in last night's game. We'll chat about the game, you and me, and have a thoughtful discussion about who to blame. Yes, we will assign blame, call people out, and tell those superstar athletes when it's time to get their collective heads out of their collective asses (I'm talking to you Lebron -- why don't you return my calls?).

3) I write like I talk. I'm a radio guy. I can't promise you'll always "get me", but I can promise you when you comment here I'll respond. We'll have a chat. We'll agree. We'll disagree. We'll talk sports and isn't that one of the greatest things to do with a bunch of buddies over a nice cold beer...you will have to provide your own buddies and your own beer.

4) Finally, this is a sports blog for women. We love sports too and not just chick sports (I don't know any women who watch the WNBA or beach volleyball -- all due respect to those sports), and we're also funny (so often female sports reporters feel like they need to be all business to be taken seriously, good thing that doesn't apply here).

Guys, if you decide that I'm worth a read, I won't be forgetting about you, so keep coming back and I'll hook you up with the odd "dance team" post.

So, thanks for reading. I really hope there is an NFL season this year, so all this isn't for not. I know I pray to my Drew Brees shrine every night. In Sean Payton's name we pray, amen.

...doesn't everyone have a Drew Brees shrine?

j

No comments:

Post a Comment