Thursday, August 11, 2011

Welcome Back NFL

Happy first day of the pre-season football fans! Doesn't it feel like all is right in the world again. I know it might sound a little weird, but I'm getting a little bit emotional about the season.

I can't wait to sit on my couch watching 12 hours of football, while eating Swiss Chalet and drinking Apple Lime Growers and Bud Light Lime. Even though the sun is shining today all I can think about are all those rainy Sundays come Fall and I'm downright excited.

There's nothing better than spending the WHOLE day in your New Orleans Saints PJs, fighting Saturday night's hangover with 10AM cocktails. Seriously, I'm getting emotional.

Anyways, I think it's time for picks and predictions...I'm presenting these with just a little bit of comment and trying to keep my emotions out of it...But as you will quickly see, I'm not very good at that.

AFC East
Jets
Pats (We'll see how your little experiment goes, but for now I'm giving you one of these: ?)
Dolphins
Bills

AFC North
Ravens
Browns
Steelers (oh no she didn't...oh yes she did)
Bengals (Andy Dalton? Really?)

AFC South
Titans (They deserve some love)
Colts (I have a strange love for Peyton, and not in the platonic way, but I think he's really badly injured and that's gunna hurt the Colts)
Jaguars
Texans

AFC West (This is one of the tougher divisions for me. I think the Chiefs will build on what they did last year and take it. The Chargers are a safe choice for first or second. Although we keep hearing about the quarterback controversy in Denver, I think they could be ok...I'm keeping an eye on them. I think this could be an interesting division.)
Chiefs
Chargers
Broncos
Raiders

NFC East 
Eagles (I hate you so much)
Redskins (I hate you so much)
Cowboys (I hate you so much)
Giants (I hate you so much, but Eli would you mind introducing me to your brother?)
Needless to say I hate this division and I could careless what happens as long as our SuperBowl champ is not here.

NFC North
Packers
Lions (I'm giving you some love, don't screw this up)
Bears
Vikings

NFC South
Falcons
Saints (I'm so sorry)
Buccaneers
Panthers

NFC West (this is a joke of a division and it's not going to get much better this year)
49ers
Cardinals, Seahawks, Rams
(Again, does it really matter?)

I'm going to predict a SuperBowl winner. However, I've only been right once in my life and that's because I always pick the Saints, so odds were in my favour. This year...I think the Packers could repeat, but to be original I'm picking the J.E.T.S Jets! Jets! Jets! But I'm not cheering for them, my football shrine belongs to one team only.








No comments:

Post a Comment