Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Being Divisive is No Vice







What’s wrong with being divisive?

Should I forever hold my tongue in the face of oppressive taxes, out of control spending, or a weak-in-the-knees foreign policy?

Frederick Douglas once advised young people to, “Agitate, agitate, agitate!” I’m sure that White slave-owners who were also Democrats thought Douglas was being “divisive” for failing to go along with the status quo of slavery.

Martin Luther King marched in the face of Democrats like Bull Conner, who wanted Blacks to remain in their place as second-class citizens. Those Democrats called Dr. King “divisive” too.

When Jesus said, "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.” I wonder if Democrats would call Christ “divisive”? On second thought, they probably would.

Being divisive is totally appropriate when one feels the need to articulate an opinion and refuse to become mindless sheep.

O-BA-MA!

O-BA-MA!

O-BA-MA!

I for one don’t mind being called the “D-word” because it puts me in good company.

Samuel Gonzalez, The Last Tradition

No comments:

Post a Comment