Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Family Time

Mom and Steve were able to come for a visit a few weeks ago and we had a grand time together as a family. Our days were filled with short hikes, bike rides to the bakery, tasty meals from the Bozard kitchen, and evenings on the front porch at our house. Mom was able to go on a day ride with me one day to the ever-popular Coon Lake and enjoyed working in the craft shop a few days while I manned the kiosk. On Friday, the day after they arrived, they both enjoyed a scenic tour with Chelan Seaplanes and you can see a few photos from the airplane below. Local music played on Saturday evening by the river so we all stretched out on blankets to enjoy the evening after a tasty meal. Sunday morning was occupied by a boat ride to Holden to see the old Copper Mine and poke through old photo albums at the mine museum. Monday night was reserved for flank steak at the ranch...everyone's favorite meal served! Steve even tried his hand as a chief as he cooked pork loin on the grill on Friday night for us before departing on Sunday. They both floated down the Stehekin River one afternoon and returned to the landing area with smiling faces. It was a fun week and a great chance for Mom and I to catch up and look at pictures of Kyson and Sayla (I included a few below). Thanks for coming! Oh...I should say that mom took most of these pictures as well and I know there are some fun photos from the day ride, but I can't seem to locate them on my computer right now!


















No comments:

Post a Comment