Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer Fun

As I was browsing through the plethora of digital images stored on my computer, I came across quite a few that I thought I would share. I will try to comment on them as I upload, just wanted to share some funny moments we have enjoyed throughout the summer.

Katie, Shelby, and I sitting on a blanket listening to live music...what great friends to have this summer.

Each year, Stehekin holds a music weekend with the opening performance at the ranch. It was great to sit on the grassy lawn and listen to tunes. The instruments and talent here were awesome.

Steven on Butte...just doing a little packing. He is right above High Bridge here heading towards Agnus Creek Trail.

Sunset on the lake with the tug in the foreground. A picture Steven took one evening.



Making brownies with Liz, Katie, and Shelby....half of the needed ingredients were missing...but they tasted oh-soo-good since we were able to find suitable substitutions. Never a dull moment with this group!



Early this summer, the power was out one night and the plan for dinner was bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches. Needless to say those are tough to make without a stove (electric of course) and a microwave. So, we set up "camp" on the front porch and started cooking. Halfway through...the power came back on. Just as we moved everything back inside...it went back off. Dinner was great though...even though it took a while to complete.



Steven and his prize mushroom that he found in the lower field. I think he showed it to pretty much everyone in the valley and the thing weighed close to 10 lbs we think.



My home away from home..the kiosk!



Just horsin' around with Katie one afternoon when no one wanted to go to Coon Lake. We took Lilly and Foss to the river to splash around in the sun.



Katie playing dress-up at the house! I think she might actually steal Steven's hat before the summer is over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment