Monday, April 19, 2010

Perspective

Photobucket
Some people say that the glass is half full. Others say it's half empty. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Perspective. Everyone has a story, a background, and a history. Some people's stuggles are more apparent, more dramatic, or arguably more difficult than others. Regardless we all have our own obstacles to overcome. I'm sure you have had yours and I've certainly had mine.

This year has been rough. Multiple factors played into making it one of the more difficult years of my life. Many of these factors were out of my control, but there are others that I now recognize as self-inflicted. Struggles that I brought upon myself, because I couldn't see past my own way of thinking.

It's been a rough year it's true, but it's also been a great one. I've grown a lot. Though at times I still feel like a little girl, I know that I'm accomplishing big things and that I am making something of myself. I'm happier now than I've been in a long time and I attribute a lot of that to a change of perspective.

It's just something I've been thinking about...

I read a book recently called As a Man Thinketh by James Allen. It's a bit philosophical, but it had a good message that went along with the things I've been considering. Here's a few quotes from the book to give you something to think on...
Photobucket

"A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts."

"Circumstance does not make the man, it reveals him to himself."

"You cannot travel within and stand still without."

"As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts, can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking."

**I'm ending this post with a final quotation from the opening lines of the book...**
"Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes,
And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes
The tool of Thought, and, shaping what he wills,
Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills
He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass
Environment is but his looking-glass."
**I know. Just when you think I'm shallow, I go all deep on you. It might not be your thing, but just chew on it for a minute. A little thinking and introspection is good for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment