Friday, April 30, 2010

What about me?

Photobucket
Have you ever stopped and asked yourself the question,
What do I want?


I’ve spent a big portion of this year looking at my experience, the ways things have affected me, and the choices I've made. In doing so I realized that somewhere in between the ups and downs I'd forgotten to look out for myself and make the things that I wanted a priority. I had invested in people that didn’t have my best interests at heart and was impressionable to people that in no way merited the esteem I granted them. And so I launched a reevaluation...

For the first time in a long time I asked myself,
What do I want?

Some of my answers have been surprising. I find myself questioning the status quo and resistant to accept some of the roles that have been pushed upon me. That’s not to say that I am against the commonality, but that I prefer to consider my options and to determine my own reasons for doing things before I prescribe to any particular set of values other than my own. I want to make my choices based on the things that I believe and to do so I must first determine what those things are.

*I know, how Socratic of me?*

I’m still navigating through this whole ‘growing up’ thing and yes I've made a few mistakes, but I have made strides toward defining this girl that is me. I’m getting closer to knowing what I want and finding the humanity, the humor, and the joy in a world that can sometimes seem just a little bit bleak.

As for now I'm just doing my best to...

Photobucket

and have a little, ok a lot, of fun along the way.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment