Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Good Morning....

...little bear" were my thoughts as I woke on Sunday morning and saw this little one on our front porch. He slept there the night before and was trying to stay warm in the snowy cold weather. Conveniently for him, there was also a box of appless on the porch for him to snack on. Steven was downlake hunting and it was up to me to remove the bear...and he was reluctant to leave...so I went to get my neighbor, Bethany, and she helped me get him of the porch..but not before he climbed up in the corner of our porch..as you can see below.


He continued to come back in pursuit of warmth and food, so I contacted Vicki, who works with the park service, to see if we could trap the bear. Sure enough, they were actually trying to trap him for the past two weeks and take him to a rehab facility for the winter. I helped set up a trap across the field where he has been spotted in a neighbor's apple tree. The mission was successful and the 15 pound ball of fuzz willingly went into the trap!! He was kept overnight in Stehekin and transported down lake yesterday...which will definitely increase his changes of survival for the winter. I just wanted to share the pictures because he was oh-so cute walking around in the snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment