Sunday, September 19, 2010

Full

Today I had a moment.

I was in the car driving home from a weekend spent out of state which meant I had approximately 4 hours to myself. Four hours to see the sun (even if it was through a window), to listen my favorite songs, to sing out loud to said songs, and...
to think.

Granted driving isn't my favorite past time, but in the few moments that I took to reflect this afternoon I realized just how full I am:

My schedule is full.
I barely make time to eat or sleep and my exercise routine is in a pretty sad state of affairs.

My head is full.
Full of embryology, anatomy, histology, physiology and a series of other 'ologies.'

And yes, while these things are full, they aren't what I was thinking about.

Today I thought about family. I thought about friends. I thought about life. I thought about how far I've come. I thought about the people in my life that have shaped me, the people I love, the ones I miss, and the ones I can't wait to see again. I thought about all of these things and I felt full.

There may be a lot going on in my life right now that has the potential to stress me out and to make me loose sight of the bigger picture. I won't claim that I've found a way to balance it all yet...
**at some point I'm going to have to start sleeping, making time for exercise, and eating things other than cereal and diet coke**

...but regardless I know that I have so much to be grateful for.

This is a crazy ride, but I am so happy that I have decided to take it. I'm grateful that I have so many wonderful people in my life, for a family that may be atypical but truly amazing, and for friends that make this ride not only bearable but completely worthwhile.

Today I had a moment.
Today I feel full.

No comments:

Post a Comment