Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Animals

Just a few animals spotted during our travels.Can you see that elk? Nick spotted this cow in the park at Mt. St. Helens, so we hopped out of the car and ran up the hillside in hopes to get some more photos. No chance! We did see A LOT of elk herds though on the hillsides and even took a short "nature walk" to get a closer look, no luck again though.
A lion in action
A seal in the snow
Some kind of little deer I think
Trust me :-) Those white spots are mountain goats
Amber the cow! I fussed at Steven for taking a picture of Amber's "best side", but then I realized it really is her best side as we enjoyed milk from those udders all week long..and ice cream too!
Amber's calf
Matthew's bird, I think it is a parakeet
Tip the dog (I guess that is obvious)
Millhouse (or Outhouse as Steven called him) the cat
Now Mary says this is a hamster, but I told her it is just a rat with a short tail. What do you think? I guess it is only fair to show the cool video of this thing (whatever it is) eating grapes and storing them in his cheeks. Enjoy! Well I couldn't get the thing to load so I will try again another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment