Sunday, May 15, 2011

Huckabee Opts Against 2012 White House Bid


I think a lot of commentators will think Huckabee not running will help not to split the social conservative vote. Although that may be the case, who will they say it will benefit the most?

I say Herman Cain may be doing cartwheels today.

Remember where you heard this.

Fox News reports the show is normally prerecorded before it airs at 8 p.m. ET, but Huckabee saved the last 10 minutes of tonight’s broadcast to make his announcement live.

"The past few months have been times of deep personal reflection," Huckabee said. "Even though I wasn't actively establishing a campaign organization or seeking financial support to run again, polls have consistently put me at or near the top to be the Republican nominee."

"But I know that under the best of circumstances, being President is a job that takes one to the limit of his or her human capacity," he continued. "I can't know or predict the future, but I know for now my answer is clear and firm: I will not seek the Republican nomination for President this year."

Huckabee said others probably thought about a presidential bid more than he did.

"I had not done much toward a race because my life was filled with work that I truly love here at Fox News, doing radio commentaries on my daily Huckabee Report on 600 radio stations, traveling the country for speaking engagements, and helping good conservative, pro-life candidates who were running for office," he said.

Donald Trump delivered a message after Huckabee's decision to opt out.

"A lot of people are very happy that he will not be running, especially other candidates, so Mike enjoy the show," Trump said. "The ratings are terrific. Good luck."

More details here



Memeorandum

No comments:

Post a Comment