Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Next Animal

The guess what was next wasn't a joke people :-) We actually did see another set of animals on Saturday while we were at Buckner Orchard. My mom, Ms. Yvonne, and I had just completed the self guided tour there and were back in the truck to drive to the main road (if you can call it that...it is the only road really). Anyway....mom said "look at the deer over there...they sure are big" Then I looked again and thought...those aren't deer. Mom said "I think they are Elk!!" She was right....3 elk to be exact....I don't know what you call male and female elk...I just know one had antlers, one didn't, and one was small....a little elk family! I did get pictures of those Edie and I will try to find the picture of the bears to post on here. I know the bear photos aren't really clear though because we were definitely keeping our distance.
Update on "the moms"...they left yesterday (Monday) at lunch time and are back on the east side of the United States. The visit was fun and I miss them already!! Definitely fun to share this neat little place with them though...even if it was just for a week. Who will visit next????

No comments:

Post a Comment