Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rafting Photos....Trial Run

Of course this has something to do with me taking more pictures...which I love. I am trying to help get a program started and organized for taking photos of guests doing activities while they are here is Stehekin during the summer. We are starting with the raft trips since that is the activity in which people can’t really bring their cameras…unless of course they are waterproof. Yesterday afternoon (Saturday), I didn’t have a horseback ride so I was able to do a trial run with my camera. The company is trying to determine what equipment will be needed to take the photos and we are using my stuff to “test” it out. I take several pictures in to different locations along the river, then quickly processed them and put them on a CD with the help of Bethany, the ranch manager. We had them ready for the guests when they completed their raft trip. It went quite well for the first time around and we even sold one CD with the pictures….still working on some of the locations for shooting the pictures to get the best angles and lighting of course. Still working through some of the steps for processing and how to present the images too. I am excited though to be able to help in the process and assist with setting up the new program. I added a few of the pictures below from the “trial run.” Let me know what you think..thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment