Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Weekend

It is a beautiful Saturday here and I am enjoying the morning off. Steven and I have been "house-sitting" for some people in Stehekin. They have a nice cabin, a garden, a horse, and a dog. It is really quiet here and we have enjoyed the change in scenery from the landing for a few days. We awoke this morning and drove to the bakery just in time for a cinnamon roll fresh from the oven...it was great! Steven also had an egg sandwich...one of his favorite breakfast foods. After breakfast....Steven drove up the road to the ranch to work on the manure spreader...sounds like fun huh? I went to our house and cleaned up a little since we hadn't been there in a few days. Now I am just relaxing and waiting to ride my bike back down the road to the shuttle bus stop. I am going to take lunch up the road and eat with Steven before he guides a raft trip this afternoon. My plan for the afternoon is to take some more rafting photos, work with one of the horses...his name is Leroy, and make some roping reins for lesson kids. The split reins seem to be too long and don't have any grips...so I am going to attempt to make a set that will be a little easier for the kids to hold. Tonight there is live music at the restaurant down at the landing so we are excited about hanging out there and relaxing together. Tomorrow is Sunday and we both have the day off...YEAH! I am not quite sure what will become of the day...but I will keep you "posted." Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment