Friday, April 17, 2009

Photo of the Day Archive: Beer in Strange Places


This is just an archive of strange photos I took while in Germany in 2006.

On Wednesday night I had to run to "MediaMarkt" (something like a
"Best Buy" or a "Circuit City" in the US) to pick up some blank CDs
for work. While I was there, I came across... well, you'll see in the
pictures. Those are little 5-liter kegs of beer. At MediaMarkt.
Notice the price-- zero euros. They are free with a large electronics
purchase.

Okay, I get the gimmick here. The promotion is that you go to
MediaMarkt and buy a new big-screen TV, and you get a free little keg
of beer. Then, when you have "the guys" over to watch "the game" on
your new TV, you've also got some beer for "the guys". I get it.

So. It's either very clever or very strange. I can't imagine walking
into Best Buy and coming across kegs of beer!



No comments:

Post a Comment