Friday, April 17, 2009

Photo of the Day Archive: Patriotic Eggs


This is an archive of my "Photos of the Day" from my trip to Germany in 2006.
My friends Jen and Brian Strahl have arrived in Cologne (well, Brian
gets here tomorrow), and we have been doing some sightseeing.
However, I haven't had time to transfer the new pictures to the
computer yet, so you can expect more interesting "sights of Germany"
pictures in the coming days.


In the meantime, one from the archive: I was at a market one day
(Detmold? Ahrweiler? Bonn? I don't remember...) and came across
another of what has to be the worst products possible: patriotic
colored eggs! As you can see in the picture, what better way to
celebrate the World Cup in Germany than passing up on the brown eggs
for the brightly colored black, red, and gold patriotic eggs! With
little pictures of soccer balls on them, no less!

I was laughing so hard to myself when I came across these eggs that I
could barely hold the camera steady enough to take the picture.
(Here's why that's complicated--I didn't want to use the flash and
draw attention to the fact that I was taking pictures of the eggs, but
without the flash you need to hold the camera REALLLLLLY steady!)

So, are the eggs dyed, or are the chickens so exited about the World
Cup that they are laying these eggs like that? :-)

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment