Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Photography Project - Part I

A few weeks ago, I had the awesome opportunity to share some knowledge about photography with the kids at the Stehekin School. I loved every minute of it as these kids are truly amazing and so much fun to teach. Now, I am sure they have their moments, but they were kept to a minimum for me. I briefly shared some terminology relating to cameras and then presented some information on 'Rule of Thirds'. Each child brought in pictures from home for the project, so we made grids with paper and string so they could see if their pictures followed the rule. It was great fun to outline the steps for the task and allow the children to share what they saw in their own pictures. The morning went by quickly and when I asked one of the kids later if they enjoyed the information, the response was "Well, you taught right through snack time and no one even noticed! Snack time is the most important part of our day so I think you must have done a great job." Of course, I smiled and tucked away that thought for later.





No comments:

Post a Comment