Friday, June 26, 2009

Mandi is Here

What a fun week we had together in Stehekin and it was complete with plenty of "Mandi" stories as well. It was so awesome to have her here to show around the valley. All our evenings were spent chatting away about stories from my summer here and/or stories from her time in SC. Of course she had some interesting travel stories too from her journey across the states on the plane and train. Each day I tried to have something fun and new for us to do and the weather cooperated accordingly. One day we walked on the Imus Loop Trail. Another evening we took out sea kayaks with my friend Chelsea. The evening was perfect and the water was like glass! Mandi paddled in the tandem with Steven who is a top-notch kayaker....he was happy to share paddling tips with her while sharing his knowledge of Stehekin history. Thursday afternoon was spent hiking on a short trail to Coon Lake where we ran into some friends. The short hike quickly turned to a 3 hour event as we chatted with friends on on the rocks....maybe I should call them boulders...by the Lake and watched the kids fish for dinner. A Glacier tour was scheduled for noon on Friday to catch some glimpses of glaciers, Rainbow Falls from the sky, and other landmarks along the Stehekin Valley. The flight was great...much better for Mandi though as I spent most of my time with my head down taking deep breathes. Let's just say my stomach doesn't like flying in small planes. You can see On Friday night we ate dinner at the restaurant, but only after biking up to the bakery for breakfast. I am pretty sure the bakery was one of Mandi's favorite places as she wanted to go there every day it was open :-) I can't blame her though...the food there is so yummy! So...she took most of the pictures with her camera...but I do have a few I think I will try to find to post along with my ramblings. Thanks for coming Mandi!

No comments:

Post a Comment