Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feels Like Coming Home

I visited Provo this weekend. It's the first time I've been back since summer and as I drove into town I was struck with a strange sense of familiarity. In that moment I realized that the places you live really do become a part of you. You leave a piece of yourself with that city, those people, and those memories. Regardless of how long it's been since you've been back, when you finally do, it feels like coming home.

...Anyway...

You might ask the purpose for my return to Happy Valley?

Spend time with some old friends and try our luck celebrity spotting at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City. Sadly, there were no repeats of my celebrity encounters (I once stepped on Nicholas Cage's sunglasses coming out of a Hansel and Gretyl's Streudal Bar in Bath, England - true story) but we still managed to have a great time.

We drove around the city,
checked out the shops,
tried on $15,000 fur coats...
Photobucket
and $500 fur hats...
Photobucket
sampled the local cuisine...
(the rock candy and Apple Pie flavor candied apples at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory come highly recommended)...
Photobucket
listened to Bramble
(an awesome local indie band),
did some people watching
(Yes, there are people that actually own those fur coats),
and all in all had an amazing time.


Park City was awesome. I remembered how much I love visiting a new place to see the sites and to soak up the local culture. In Provo I spent time with some old friends, made some new ones, and visited a place I once called home. This was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment