Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Here goes...

I remember when I was little and adults would comment on how time passed so quickly. I never understood what they were talking about, but now I understand. The last year has been the quickest and most crazy of my life. I finally committed to applying to med school, spent a month in Africa as a volunteer, will graduate, and in a lot of ways, feel like I'm finally growing up. This transition into being an actual "grown up" got me thinking. I consider myself a very tolerant person. You might say that this is a good thing, and I'd agree, except that a large part of that tolerance stems from my lack of opinions. I am in fact the least opinionated person I know. It's true that I have values and moral convictions, however I am so unsure of what it is that I want and so indecisive that I often find myself wavering from one extreme to the next. I exist in a state of polarity, happy but sometimes confused, motivated but sometimes unsure what it is I'm working so hard for.

That may all sound a little heavy and by starting this blog I'm not sure that is what I'm going for. Hopefully by writing things out I'll be able to form some opinions and gain some direction. For now I think it might just be funny to chronicle this roller-coaster ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment