Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stupid while texting: Pennsylvania woemna, Cathy Marrero, falls into Mall fountain while texting is suing security guards who laufed at her

I would’ve laughed my butt off too if I was one of the security guards.



People get so caught up texting that they don’t want to bear any responsibility for not paying attention. I bet she texts as she drives too.



Watch out for Cathy!



UPDATE: Cathy faces theft charges click here



The Daily Mail
reports the woman who accidentally fell into a shopping mall fountain while texting on her mobile phone has spoken about the incident for the first time - and says she is suing.



CCTV footage of
Cathy Marrero failing to notice that she was walking straight into a pool of water became a YouTube hit after being watched by 1.5million people.



But the 49-year-old, revealing her identity for the first time, says she doesn't find the video very funny and plans to take the mall in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania to court after accusing staff of laughing instead of helping her out of the water.




Speaking of the moment she unwittingly took the plunge, she said: ‘I saw the water coming at me, I could see the pennies and nickels at the bottom of the fountain and then I was in it.'



Security surveillance showed Ms Marrero walking in a straight line while texting on her phone, oblivious to what was around her - or directly in front of her.



She then fell into the cold water before struggling to get out and making a swift exit.



The video was posted with commentary by what is believed to be laughing mall employees who watched the video over and over.



Mrs Marrero said she was left mortified by the incident.



‘My issue is I don't think security was professional because they didn't send anyone to check on me until 20 minutes later and I had already left,’ she told the Reading Eagle.



‘Instead of laughing, they should have said, 'Is she OK?' and been down there right away to check on me.'



She added: 'I'm just like dumbfounded. And all I kept saying was: ‘I fell. I fell. I fell in the fountain. I fell in the fountain.’



After watching the woman's embarrassing fall, a worker is captured saying: 'And then she just awkwardly walks away'.



'Oh my God! Play it back, play it back', one viewer said, wanting to see the hilarious footage again.



The worker then shows the woman's fall from a different angle which brings more hoots of laughter.



One of the housekeeping workers then walked up to Ms Marrero to see if she was hurt.



The security guard said: 'Paedro asked her if she is all right and she said: "Yes - I'm just a little wet."'








This is the problem with our society today. No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions.



Are we adults or still children?



Texting dimwit appears on ABC with her lawyer.

http://thelasttradition.blogspot.com/2011/01/stupid-while-texting-pennsylvania.html





And let me say this. Had that been me texting and falling into the fountian, my identity would remain a mystery and I would never set foot in that Mall again.



Why



Because I have pride enough to admit to myself that I had nobody to blame but myself. The last thing on earth I would do is come forward and let the whole world know how stupid I was.



But, people today have no pride, no shame and feel no sense of inner self or dignity. It's always somebody else's fault and it's the most pathetic thing to see.







No comments:

Post a Comment