Saturday, August 14, 2010

Confessions of an Ex New York Jets, Now a Giants


I’ve been leading a double life for far too long.

Why should I deny my true self any longer?

I gotta be me.

I’m G…a Giants fan.

Now, I feel like a weight has been lifted of my shoulders. No longer do I have to sneak wearing blue under a green shirt. I can wear my Eli Manning jersey with pride.

Seriously, I given up being a Jets fan after Herm Edwards was let go as head coach. He wasn’t the best coach that ever lived. No one would confuse him for Vince Lombardi. But, as the Jets head coach, his teams made the playoffs 3 of 5 years. For the two years the Jets missed the playoffs, they lost their starting QB for the entire season on the fist game of the year.

However, Jets fans turned on Edwards pretty quickly and I think his skin color, Edwards is an African American, had something to do with it. For anyone who knows me and the things I write about on this blog as a staunch Conservative, I don’t bring up racism unless it’s warranted.

So, with that and other things the Jets did that I didn’t like, I gave up my season tickets, wrote Jets owner Woody Johnson and gave him a piece of my mind, and declared my independence as a fan.

I always liked Eli Manning and the way he’s cut a good career for himself outside his brother, Payton’s shadow. Each brother has a Super bowl ring and I think that’s wonderful for the Manning family.

2010, I’m full-bore Giants fan and I don’t miss the Jets at all. Despite all the hype that's surrounding the Jets, HBO Hard Knocks included, I think they’re in for a very rude awakening in 2010 season. That team does entirely too much talking stating with the head coach, Rex Ryan, who hasn’t won a damn thing yet.

Let’s play the damn games.

GO GIANTS!!!!




Don't Leave Without Clicking Other Great Stories in The Last Tradition. Tell two friends about this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment