Sunday, August 22, 2010

Monday Fun Day?

Week 1 of Medical school:

4 hours of class/day= 20 hours in class
Wednesday cadaver lab= 4 hours
~5 hours of studying/week day=25 hours
Saturday Study= 12 hours
Sunday Study= 7 hours

Week 1 total...
68 hours of in class and study time.

Was this overkill? Perhaps. Do I feel prepared for tomorrow's exam? Not at all.

Tomorrow marks the first of what will be weekly Monday exams. This weekly exam set up and the new curriculum was only established last year and last year more than 50% of the class failed the first exam. I've been told to expect to fail, told that this exam will be a casualty in the fight to get a handle on the new integrated curriculum and testing style. Considering I've invested close to 70 hours into studying this week, you can imagine that this is something I'm not exactly thrilled about. But, what can you do?

I guess we'll just see how it goes.
I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment